Lasso in the New Year with our annual Google resource roundup. The roundup consists of fantastic Google resources from 2018 that you might have missed on our blog. We have featured many remarkable posts on topics such as Google Classroom updates, Google Drive organizational tips, and so much more. In addition, remember the 2016 Google Resource Roundup and the 2017 Google Resource Roundup offer even more phenomenal Google blog posts.
- Create Interactive Stories with Story Speaker – Easily create interactive, choose-your-own adventure stories with the Story Speaker add-on.
- Improve Students’ Writing with WriQ – Score and keep track of students’ spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors with the WriQ add-on.
- Go Lite with Android Apps for BYOD – “Go lite” with some brand new, lite version Android apps of Google tools.
- Must-Have Tech Gifts for Android Users – Get the perfect gift with this list of gift ideas for any Android lover or user.
- Taking Science to the Next Level – Get a free digital science notebook that includes more than 70 hands-on science activities with this Android app.
- A Teacher’s Guide to Google Calendar – Keep on track and organized with this guide for using Google Calendar.
- Four Ways Google Calendars Can Help Teacher-Librarians Plan – Utilize calendars to maximize efficiency and communication in your library or classroom.
- Bookmark Organization the Easy Way – Discover Chrome’s built-in bookmark manager that is very. powerful.
- Note-Taking on Chromebooks – Explore some note-taking tools for your Chromebook.
- Digital Sticky Notes – Slap digital sticky notes on any web page with this Chrome extension.
- Back to School with the New Google Classroom – Learn about some of the new and improved Google Classroom updates that Google came out with this year.
- TCEA Responds: OneNote with Google Classroom – Connect OneNote Class Notebook to Google Classroom.
- Five Google Docs Hacks – Explore five Google Docs hacks that will transform your Google Docs experience into a positive one.
- Making Animated GIFs with Google Drawings – Make awesome animated GIF with Google Drawings.
- Be More Productive with Google Drive – Be more productive with Google Drive.
- Google Drive Cleaner: Remove Duplicate Files – Remove duplicate files from your Google Drive.
- TCEA Responds: Sharing School Photos – Share images via Google Drive with this three-step process.
- Three Tips to Organize Google Drive – Organize your Drive with these three tips.
- To Infinity and Beyond: Taking Your Classroom on a Journey to Space – Get your students excited about exploring our universe with Google Earth.
- Adopting Google File Stream – Learn about the advantages of using Google File Stream.
- Five Hacks for Google Forms – Explore five hacks for doing so much more with Google Forms.
- Force a Copy of a Google Form – Force a copy of a Google Form with these five easy steps.
- Add Some Salsa to your Gmail – Spice up your gmail experience.
Home | Assistant
- Is There a Virtual Assistant in Your Future? – Say hello to Google Assistant, a built-in feature on newer phones.
- Take Your Google Assistant Nerdiness to the Next Level – Take your nerdiness to the next level with these Google Assistant challenges.
- Exploring Google Photos as a Collaborative Tool – Explore Google Photos as a tool for capturing and sharing images.
- Five Hacks for Google Sheets – Look at five Google Sheets hacks you may find useful.
- Exploring Google Sheets’ Functions: Import Range – Explore common challenges of Sheets and tips for overcoming them.
- Three Tips for New Google Sites Makers – Consider these tips when designing a new Google Site.
- Tic Tac Toe: More New Google Sites Tips – Set up your new Google Site with these three tips.
- Closed Captions in Google Slides – Turn on automatic captions to display your words in real time at the bottom of the screen.
- Creating Dynamic Digital Poetry Books – Create ebooks using Google Slides.
- Display Classroom Expectation Posters This School Year – Create classroom posters using Google Slides.
- Four Google Slides Tips for Amazing Presentations – Explore four important tips that will enable you to tap into the potential of Google Slides to create engaging presentations that will amaze your audience.
- Infographics Made Simple – Make infographics using Google Slides.
- Infographics Templates with Google Slides – Find a variety of take-and-make infographics templates in Google Slides that you can make copies of.
- Use Your Phone as a Google Slide Presentation Remote – Control your Google Slide presentation with your phone.
- Create Voyages of Digital Discovery with Google Tour Builder – Create digital voyages of discovery with Google Tour Builder.
Various Google Tools
- Five Googly Things Teachers Can Do This Summer – Check out these five googly things you can do in your classroom.
- Five Ways to Use Google Tools as an Instructional Coach – Leverage Google tools as an instructional coach.
- Napkin PD: G Suite-Powered Learning Activities – Explore some G Suite inquiry-based learning activities.
- Getting Googley with Geography – Take advantage of these three Googley Geography Activities for Middle and High School.
- Google-izing the 5E Lesson Model – See how the 5E Model combines with Google Suites for Education to make learning engaging.
- Holiday Websites, Apps, and Extensions – Explore a collection of holiday Chrome apps and extensions that can be used in the classroom.
- Six Google Strategies to Challenge Students – Learn six exciting strategies based on G Suites tools that can help to motivate you to accomplish more in the classroom.
- TCEA Responds: Google Shortcuts – Review some Google shortcuts for opening Google Drawing, as well as other Google tools.
- TCEA Responds: Download YouTube Videos – Download YouTube videos to use in your Google Classroom with these simple and free options.
As we move into 2019, don’t forget to stay tuned to more fabulous posts on our 2018 EdTech’s Must-Read K-12 IT Blog! You can even join our email list to ensure the hottest new content gets delivered to your inbox.