With the approach of summer, many people are thinking about summer activities, especially for children, and even more especially as public events, gatherings, and programs begin to re-open. So it’s natural that thoughts turn to that staple of summer learning: the summer camp.
This year, TCEA is putting a twist on this all-American summer tradition by hosting a virtual Google Summer Camp. Rather than stitching together wallets and friendship bracelets, our friendly and experienced camp counselors will help campers weave together the various and ever-changing strands of Google apps and services, from Sheets and Slides to social-emotional learning and search strategies.
No matter your role in education, we’re confident that exploring the back trails and shortcuts through the thick forest of Google-icious products can improve your work.
About the Google Summer Camp
Intrigued by the opportunity to goose up your game? TCEA’s professional development experts have designed a program with multiple sessions each day of camp, letting you explore across topics — no bug spray, sunscreen, or hiking boots required! We’ll help you blaze a trail to the new school year with up to 18 professional learning credit hours.
Here are the details:
- When: June 22-24 from 8:30 a.m. – noon, Central (so you have the afternoons off to practice what you’ve learned or take a nap!)
- Where: Online
- Topics: Getting Going with Google Sites, Google Tools and Social Emotional Learning, Make the Most of YouTube, Collaboration and Creativity with Jamboard, Digital Literacy and Google Tools, Secret Gmail Tips, To Infinity and Beyond with Forms, Teaching Vocabulary with Google Tools, and more
- Price: $119
- All registrants receive one year of complimentary TCEA membership
All sessions will be recorded so that you can watch the ones you don’t attend live for up to a month. That’s a lot of learning and something that regular summer camp doesn’t include!
Ready to have some summer fun and give a boost to your teaching? Meet us at Google Summer Camp, and we’ll help you find the right path to professional learning.
More From TechNotes
- Social Emotional Learning Activity Templates for Google Jamboard
- Free Google Slides Templates for Your Classroom
- Google’s New Storage Policy: Avoid the Terror