Whether you will be back in a physical school classroom or will be teaching online in the fall, I think we can all agree that we need to upgrade our daily practice with a variety of teaching resources. And there is no better way to do that than to take advantage of one, two, or many of the online, self-paced courses that TCEA offers.
These “do in your own time at your own speed” courses are focused on real-world application of technologies and their best uses into the classroom. They include the latest research on good teaching strategies and brain learning. With a mix of short video segments and text, the courses also include DIY learning labs to ensure that you have the chance to practice your new skills. They are completed in Canvas and, upon completion, provide 12 hours of CPE credit, a digital badge, and a digital certificate.
About the Courses
Individual courses start at just $29 each and include a complimentary year of TCEA membership (normally $49 by itself). Discounts are also available if a campus or district registers 10 or more people for the same course.
Individual Online Courses
Here are the current offerings to increase your skills.
- Chromebook Educator
- Google Educator Level 1
- Google Educator Level 2
- Google Certified Trainer
- Google Classroom
- Remote Learning Educator Certification (12 hours CPE + 6 hours G/T credit)
- Screencasting for Educators
- Seesaw Educator
Courses that make sense to take in sequence have been bundled for additional cost savings to educators and school districts. The following bundles are available:
- Become a Google Teacher – Includes Google Educator Level 1, Google Educator Level 2, and Google Classroom. The bundled price for all three courses is $75 ($65/person for groups of 10 or more from the same campus or district).
- Become a Google Trainer – Includes Google Educator Level 1, Google Educator Level 2, and Google Certified Trainer. The bundled price for all three courses is $75 ($65/person for groups of 10 or more from the same campus or district).
- Certified Google Educator Level 1 and Level 2 – Includes Google Educator Level 1 and Google Educator Level 2. The bundled price for both courses is $54 ($44/person for groups of 10 or more from the same campus or district).
- All Google Courses – Includes Google Educator Level 1, Google Educator Level 2, Google Classroom, and Google Certified Trainer. The bundled price for all four courses is $99 ($88/person for groups of 10 or more from the same campus or district).
Upcoming Online Courses
TCEA is working on a number of additional online learning experiences for you. These include the following with their projected release dates. (Please keep in mind that the release dates are our “best guesses” as to when each course will be ready for participants.)
- Canvas Educator – July 13-17, 2020
- Bitmoji Classroom – July 15, 2020
- Strategies That Work, Part 1: Core Components – July 15, 2020
Other courses, such as Brain-Based Learning Strategies, Social/Emotional Learning, Robotics Certification (EV3), and G Suite EDU 101 are also in development. You can look for all new courses to be posted to this website as they become available. If you have questions about any of the course content, please contact either Miguel Guhlin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Peggy Reimers (email@example.com).
What Others Think about the Online Courses
Here are just a few of the many positive comments made about the online courses and how they are helping educators be better teachers and leaders:
“Just wanted to let you know that I logged in…and saw PASS. Thank you so much for the prep! I feel more confident now as I move onto Google Level 2! I appreciate all the work you did, all the videos, and the added websites. All of them truly helped in my passing!”
“I have never used Google Classroom before. This course is very detailed and step by step! It’s wonderful! After this course, I feel like I have the skills to set up my classes and utilize Google Classroom to facilitate learning with quicker response times on grading. Thank you!”
“I found the course to be easily accessible and provided resources as well as scenarios that will help me prepare to obtain Google Certified Trainer status.”
“The TCEA Level 2 Google Educator certification was terrific! The facilitator not only knows the ins and outs of Google’s plethora of products, but he is also engaging and interesting to listen to during the instructional videos.”
Be fully prepared for innovative teaching this fall by enhancing your learning and your instructional strategy tool bag with these courses designed specifically for dedicated educators. We’ll see you online!