Education professionals deserve a lot of respect, and they are working even harder these days. At TCEA, our annual Educator Awards and Scholarships are meant to recognize that dedication. That’s why we’re asking educators to nominate the colleagues and peers who inspire them.
We’re facing a lot of headwinds this year. Not only do educators have so much more on their minds than in any other school year, but there’s also so much remote or hybrid work. That makes it harder to maintain awareness of what all of our colleagues are achieving, which makes nominating them that much more of a task.
However, in this year, when our communities have asked so much from our educators and administrators, it’s more important than ever to recognize that work, to hold up our champions as a standard of excellence, and to stay inspired. If you know anyone who’s done excellent work in education this year — including yourself! — please consider nominating them (or you) today.
Honoring the Problem Solvers
With all that in mind, it’s obvious that many educators, and perhaps you or your colleagues, are worthy of plenty of praise. Across the world of education, we recognize high-impact teachers, innovative librarians and media specialists, outstanding leaders and administrators, and more. Ready to honor someone you knowing making a difference right now — and help them win this honor, along with up to $1,000? Explore the categories below. And don’t forget, along with the awards, we offer scholarships, too.
- High Impact Teacher of the Year: This award is presented to a teacher who demonstrates exemplary classroom technology use. This teacher utilizes a variety of technology tools in conjunction with good teaching and best practices.
- Librarian/Media Specialist of the Year: This award honors a librarian or media specialist who improves their library using technology. He or she collaborates with administrators, teachers, and students to support technology integration.
- Technical Support Person of the Year: This award recognizes exemplary support personnel. This honoree facilitates the successful use of technology on a campus or at the district level.
- Instructional Technology Specialist of the Year: This award honors those who work in technology and curriculum integration. The award was created to recognize the significant contribution they make toward successful technology use in schools.
- District or Campus Administrator of the Year: This award is presented to a district or campus administrator who recognizes the importance of technology in the teaching and learning process and actively promotes the use of technology on the campus or throughout the district.
- Technology Administrator of the Year: This award is presented to a technology administrator who exhibits exemplary vision and management of technology at the district level.
- School Board of the Year: This award is presented to a school board that recognizes the importance of technology in the teaching and learning process and actively promotes the use of technology throughout the district.
- Lifetime Achievement for the Advancement of Technology in Education: This award is presented to a professional educator who has worked tirelessly to advance the use of technology in education.
Nominate An Educator Today
Winners take home up to $1,000 dollars, so submit a nomination for a TCEA Ed Award today! These awards recognize excellence in the integration of technology in schools, an absolutely critical skill today. Additionally, two finalists in each category receive $500 prizes.
Be sure to submit before the end of this month: The last day to nominate is October 31.