Educators have difficult jobs and take on immense responsibility. These days, many are working harder than ever to deliver meaningful, lasting learning experiences, no matter the circumstances. Each year at TCEA, we honor the most dedicated and innovative educators with our Educator Awards and Scholarships.
We present these awards, also known as Golden Apples, to some of the most innovative and engaging educators worldwide. Award recipients receive a $1,000 cash prize, and, additionally, two finalists in each category receive $500 prizes. We also award three different scholarships, available to both preservice education majors and those already in the field.
If you know a teacher, librarian, instructional specialist, education student, technical support person, or administrator deserving of recognition as a leader in using technology in education, please submit a nomination! There are ten categories for our Educator Awards and Scholarships, and you can nominate educators for multiple awards. Nominations are now open through October 31, 2020, and the winners will be announced at the TCEA Convention and Exposition in February.
- High Impact Teacher of the Year
- Librarian/Media Specialist of the Year
- Technical Support Person of the Year
- Instructional Technology Specialist of the Year
- District or Campus Administrator of the Year
- Technology Administrator of the Year
- School Board of the Year
- Robert E. Knight Professional Scholarship
- Richard A. Brown Student Scholarship
- Jeri Hodges Leadership Scholarship