Looking for quick ways to customize Microsoft Classroom so that it better fits your teaching style or how your students learn? Or just looking for things a teacher needs to know how to do in Microsoft Classroom to be successful? Either way, I hope you find this infographic a quick reference to Classroom’s main features and possibilities.
Note: An Adobe PDF version is also available.
#1 – Add Students to Your Class
- Login at MS Classroom.
- Click on Teachers & Students in top right section of page.
- Add students after quick search. Click DONE after finding all students.
#2- Add Co-Teachers
- On the same screen where you add students, you can add teachers.
- Search and select them.
#3 – Create OneNote Class Notebook
- Click on Class Notebook tab.
- Create Class Notebook with desired settings.
- Open it as OneNote Online and then EDIT in OneNote 2016 to sync a copy to your Windows 10 device.
#4 – Start Conversations for Student Participation
- Create Conversations around identified class topics.
- Edit members in the group by clicking on the ellipsis in the top right corner of the screen.
#5 – Make Assignments
- Click on the Assignments tab.
- Click on + New Assignments.
- Set title, due dates, and description.
- Set assignment for all classes for whom it applies, attach relevant documents, and enable Conversation.
#6 – Grade Assignments
- Click on the Assignments tab.
- Click on the Assignment name in the “In Progress” column.
- Review “Submissions” and then easily enter grades, assigning comments as needed.
#7 – Share Files and Resources
- Click on the “Files” tab to access the shared files for the class.
- Place Word, Excel, or Powerpoint Online documents and other files for students to access.
#8 – Use Class Calendar
- All assignment due dates appear in the calendar.
- Add new dates for events (e.g. field trips) to class calendar for students to access.
#9 – Manage Class
- Modify course info using the Manage tab.
- Update class banner, icon, and course description.
#10 – Update Notebook Settings
- Add/remove sections.
- Update teacher/student button if changes to the roster have been made.
- Lock/unlock Class Notebook Collaboration space for student use.
Attending the TCEA 2017 Convention & Exposition?
Microsoft believes in empowering every student to achieve more. In our mission to support educators in guiding and nurturing student passions, we are offering pre-conference professional learning to TCEA convention participants. Attendees at these sessions will be eligible to receive a complimentary Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) exam voucher for attending and earn badges on the Microsoft Educator Community to recognize their achievements.* Preregister to secure a seat.
2-Day MIE Trainer Academy
- Monday, February 6 and Tuesday, February 7 | 8:30AM-4:00PM Register Here
1-Day MIE Teacher Academy
- Monday, February 6 | 8:30AM-3:30PM Register Here
1-Day MIE Teacher Academy: Minecraft Education Edition
- Tuesday, February 7 | 8:30AM-3:30PM Register Here
Visit aka.ms/TCEAresources to find session schedules and other information about Microsoft’s presence at TCEA.