Whether it is via a shared cart, 1:1, or BYOD, many teachers and students have access to iPads and Chromebooks to the extent that these are now common tools in their classrooms. Sometimes, though, it is easy to feel as if you know some of the basics, but not all that you need to really start using it as a powerful instructional tool. TCEA has developed two self-paced, online certification programs to help build these skills: the iPad (Level 1) Certification and the Chromebook (Level 1) Certification. These certifications are designed to help busy educators who don’t have time to attend optional after-school training, but do want the knowledge and skills to be adept users of the tools while earning 18 hours of professional development credit.
Each certification consists of self-paced modules to gain basic understanding of the device, pedagogical considerations when integrating the device in various settings (1:1, BYOD, shared cart, etc.), and introductory tutorials of some of the basic tools/apps that can be used on the device to engage students across the content areas. As a capstone to the online certifications, each participant develops a lesson plan that is correlated to specific content standards and integrates the device and tools/apps.
We would like to congratulate the graduates of the Fall 2016 semester who have earned the iPad (Level 1) Certification and/or the Chromebook (Level 1) Certification.
Certification graduates include:
- Kayla Burgoon of Lubbock ISD – Chromebook (Level 1)
- Veronica Castillo Baca of Harlingen Consolidated ISD – Chromebook (Level 1)
- Veronica Castillo Baca of Harlingen Consolidated ISD – iPad (Level 1)
- Kizuwanda Christie of KIPP – Chromebook (Level 1)
- Scott Firenza of Lubbock ISD – Chromebook (Level 1)
- Laura Howard of San Angelo ISD – Chromebook (Level 1)
- Jackie Johnson of Seminole ISD – iPad (Level 1)
- Stephanie Trook of Lubbock ISD – Chromebook (Level 1)
Learn more about these certifications or contact Ashley Weiler at email@example.com . Group discounts are available for districts/campuses who want to register a group of their educators as a cohort; contact Dr. Bruce Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on group discounts.