The other day my son mentioned to me that he was looking forward to the new school year.
“To see your friends?” I asked him.
“Yeah,” he said. “But also so I can get some actual homework this time, and not just stuff on a computer.”
I squinted at him and gave him a poke to make sure he was really my kid.
But I knew what he meant: the school year shapes the cadence of everyday life for countless kids and families and teachers alike. Regardless of what happens or how it goes, this new school year is a chance to return to that cadence and give students the structure, the support, and the guidance they need to thrive and succeed. Including homework, apparently!
The PD folks here at TCEA know this all too well, and that’s why they’ve put together a robust and creative slate of Lunch and Learn webinars for the months ahead – so that educators have every tool they might require to give students the school year they need.
Free Learning Webinars for Members
Lunch and Learns are made by educators and for educators, and they’re scheduled to work with your day: they’re a brief 30 minutes every Wednesday, from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Central. It’s a great way to make the most of your time so you can do more in the classroom! And they’re completely free to all TCEA members.
- Want to figure out what instructional strategies work best with students? Check out “An Introduction to John Hattie’s Research and Why It Matters.
- Need to get your Jam on with the amazing digital tool Jamboard? Peggy Reimers has tons of great templates and ideas to share with you.
- Curious about how you can combine digital tools with the best instructional strategies? We’ve got the perfect session for you.
- I know I’m not the only one worried about possible learning gaps, so I’ll definitely be attending “Tips for Addressing Learning Gaps.”
- Help students and staff improve their social-emotional learning with our series of webinars starting off with this one on gratitude. You’ll find one on empathy November 3 and more in the spring of 2022.
You can view all our upcoming Lunch and Learns here. The great thing is that they’re all recorded, so if you can’t attend one, sign up anyway! You’ll receive a link to the recording after it’s over. And almost all the sessions count for CPE hours whether you watch the livestream or the recording.
Learn Through Our Recorded Webinars, Too
In fact, we store ALL our recorded Lunch and Learns and other webinars in our PD Library. The Library goes back quite literally years, offering hours of totally free information you can use right away in your classrooms and campuses!
Don’t believe me? Check out how often I get the pandemic buzzcut throughout 2020. (Before you ask, no, I don’t miss it.)
So please check out our upcoming schedule, and load up your toolbox with all the tips, tricks, tools, and innovations you might need to give students and educators the best school year ever!