Thursday, September 8 is a date you’ll want to circle on your calendar. That’s the day that registration for the best ed tech learning conference, 2017 TCEA Convention & Exposition, will open. At 9:00 a.m. Central, our new registration system will go live, allowing you to reserve your seat and hotel accommodations at the education event designed to strengthen “The Power of You.” Watch the TCEA 2017 teaser video to learn more about “The Power of You.”
Why would you want to attend this ed tech learning convention?
Your professional learning dollars and time are limited, so making the best decision about what conference you’ll attend is critical. More than 13,000 of the brightest minds in educational technology will be in Austin February 6-10 for TCEA 2017, making it your best choice for learning and networking opportunities. Over 950 hands-on workshops and sessions will help empower you, offer best practices and the latest research, and position you to innovate teaching and learning, making you an even better teacher, librarian, instructional coach, and leader.
- No need to worry about your academies and workshops months in advance. Just select Premium Registration during online registration and then choose the best content for you at the convention itself. This ensures that the events you attend will be exactly what you need most at exactly the right time.
- Get all of your technology integration questions answered in small-group discussions with experts in the new posters area of the convention. We’ll feature the following topics in this informal, yet powerful, setting in two-hour increments:
- STEM and Makers – Tuesday
- 3D Printing and Virtual Reality, Elementary Needs, and Leadership – Wednesday
- K-12 Coding and Computer Science, Amazing Resources, and Redesigning Learning – Thursday
- Chat with exhibitors who offer strategic solutions to the problems your students and campus face during the new Exhibit Hall hours. Open Tuesday this year from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., you’ll be able to experience hands-on sessions, product demonstrations, and the latest technology for learning.
What else will attending TCEA 2017 do for you?
Ten different, specialized, in-depth academies will be offered this year, ensuring that you are powered up and ready to meet the complex needs of your students and staff. Academies are open to all Premium Registration attendees and feature extended learning on a targeted topic.
- ELA/Social Studies Academy
- ESL/ELL Academy
- Google Academy
- iPad Academy
- Leadership Academy
- Librarian/Media Specialist Academy
- Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) OneNote Academy
- Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy
- Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Teacher Academy
- STEM Academy
In addition to academies, Premium registrants may also select from more than 350 extra workshops, allowing you to get hands-on, minds-on experience with specific software, learning theories, best practices, and technology tools. Add to that the more than 450 sessions that are offered to both Premium and Basic attendees covering a wide range of topics from formative assessment to creating a makerspace to engaging student learners. All of these will ensure that you are powered up for the rest of the school year. And if you’re the chief technology officer in your district, there’s a day of special presentations just for you.
What do other educators say about the TCEA convention?
- Bridget Visser: A1: Going to #TCEA16 was absolutely jaw dropping! So much info and networking, which is truly the best learning experience ever! #gcisdchat
- Shawna Ford: Working to apply all of my learning from #tcea16! Anyone else operating on inspiration overload!?!?
- Jenn and Sciefus: Phew! And we’re back!!! Is anyone else’s brain exploding with amazing #edtech after #TCEA16?!?! What a ride!
TCEA 2016 Attendee Feedback
- “Y’all are doing a great job selecting speakers and topics. Kudos to all of you. You are wonderful educators.”
- “Google was so energizing! Everything related to Google was GREAT!”
- “Subject-specific all day academies – loved the ELA one this year – great resource!”
- “All of them!?! There was not a single session in iPad and ESL Academies that I couldn’t benefit from. Presenters made it simple and appealing.”
Watch Time Warner Cable News coverage of TCEA 2016, Educators Flock to TCEA to Learn About Technology.
What are your next steps?
Talk with your district or campus leaders in advance to obtain the funds and approval you need to attend TCEA 2017. Discuss the event with your colleagues and make a plan as to who will go with you. Then set a reminder on your calendar for 9:00 a.m. Central on September 8 and register for the convention online. Once you complete the shortened registration process this year, you will be given a link to make your housing reservation. Then get ready for the best learning experience you have ever had as “The Power of You” is strengthened and magnified, empowering you and your students.