We’re showing our appreciation for all that amazing educators like you do every day, and it’s even better than a cute cupcake!
During Teacher Appreciation Week (May 6–10, 2019), TCEA will offer all current and retired educators, administrators, and librarians free, one-year TCEA memberships, regularly priced at $49. It’s one way we show our gratitude for your dedication and hard work and celebrate the advancement of digital learning.
TCEA members strengthen their professional learning network, gain valuable professional development, and discuss ideas, trends, tips, and techniques with their peers and experts. And this week, you can secure those benefits for an entire year, all for free. If you’re already a TCEA member, you can renew your membership for another year, again at no cost.
In addition, our six Special Interest Groups are also offering complimentary membership during Teacher Appreciation Week. Join one, some, or all of them without paying a dime and dive into specialized learning and powerful online conversations. The SIGs include:
- CAMP-SIG (for campus technology specialists, instructional coaches, and anyone who works with adult learners)
- LIB-SIG (for library media specialists)
- ROBO-SIG (for those interested in the teaching of robotics)
- TA/CS-SIG (for those working in Technology Applications and Computer Science)
- TEC-SIG (for CTOs, technology directors, and instructional technology leaders)
- VL-SIG (for those interested in virtual learning)
Still curious about TCEA membership? Your free one-year membership includes:
- Free 24/7 professional development, more 80 CPE hours, based on the latest educational research, best practices, and the most engaging technologies
- Access to a members-only online community to help you find resources and connect
- Free SketchUp Pro software, a $495 value
- Free Eighth Grade Digital Literacy Assessment provided through Learning.com
- Advocacy updates from the Texas Legislature to inform you of changes in educational policies
- Free eBooks on innovative topics like makerspaces, digital icebreakers for collaboration, and transforming learning
- And much more
Ask a Digital Expert
As an added thank you for all that you do, please join the TCEA staff on May 7 and May 9 for a day of Facebook Live professional learning and “ask a digital expert” opportunities. We will be broadcasting from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. CDT both of those days and would love to have you join us with your questions and topics you’d like to discuss. We’ll also be sharing out some useful tidbits and ideas on topics such as:
- Hacks for G Suite
- 3D Printing
- Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Digital Breakouts
- The Latest Educational Research
- Cyber Safety and Security
- Future Technologies
- Techifying Formative Assessment
- Coaching for Educators
- G Suite in the Classroom Tips
- Ideas for Campus Technology Specialists
- PBL Made Easy
Make a Plan for Teacher Appreciation Week
To help you plan ahead, we have created a rough schedule of conversation topics below; however, you are welcome to jump in at any time to ask questions on any topic throughout the day. This live stream is meant to be convenient for you, so please do not hesitate to work off your schedule and needs.
6:30 am – 7:30 am
Tips for Instructional Leaders
TCEA Executive Director, Lori Gracey
7:30 am – 8:30 am
Chat with TCEA Social Media Experts
TCEA Communications Team:
|8:30 am – 6:30 pm||
Ask a Digital Learning Expert
TCEA Professional Development Team:
We hope you will take advantage of these offers and begin exploring, or advancing, your digital learning journey through TCEA’s tools, resources, and expert advice, all for the low price of $0.
Should you have any questions, please reach out to TCEA’s Senior Director of Membership Chance McKee at [email protected].
Hi! I was wondering if the Teacher Appreciation Week offer for free membership is still aviailable? I got this from an Ohio attendee last conference and she gave RAVE Reviews! Sounded fantastic.
Please let me know. I would be interested in free membership if possible.
Tech Integration Specialist PS-8
St. Sebastian Parish School