This post was sponsored by the Alliance for Excellent Education. Join the Alliance for Excellent Education’s All4Ed’s Future Ready Schools® Digital Learning Day Network because together we’re better, together we’re Future Ready.
Now, more than ever, digital learning no longer is confined to a school or classroom. Instead, learning is mobile and should be available to students anytime and anywhere. As we prepare for Digital Learning Day’s (DLDay’s) tenth birthday on February 25, 2021, the Alliance for Excellent Education (All4Ed) invites educators to join our Future Ready Schools® (FRS) DLDay network because together we’re better, together we’re future ready.
When All4Ed started DLDay, many districts, schools, and educators felt uncertain about the role digital learning could play in their classrooms. Now, almost ten years later, digital learning has become a lifeline as districts leverage high-quality research-based strategies to teach students remotely and in hybrid environments during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Admittedly, current circumstances are not ideal. Nonetheless, they offer district, school, and classroom leaders an opportunity to transform the policies and daily practices that guide teaching and learning. Through collaborative leadership, educators are redesigning the school experience and delivering on digital learning’s potential.
As we mark DLDay’s tenth anniversary, we are leveraging All4Ed’s FRS network to celebrate successes, acknowledge challenges, and share stories of educators overcoming adversity. Much has changed since the last DLDay, so we are embracing new ways to celebrate. Here’s how you can join us:
- Visit digitallearningday.org/join/ to join All4Ed’s FRS DLDay network.
- Spread the word and share your membership on Twitter and Facebook.
- Share the digital learning strategies you use inside and outside your classroom on Twitter and Instagram. Use the hashtags #DLDay2021 and #DLDay.
- Create a video for the DLDay film festival that highlights how your school or district demonstrates a growth mindset, perseverance, innovation, and collaborative leadership. All4Ed will feature the winning films on the DLDay website!
- Plan a DLDay activity for February 25, 2021, and join thousands of educators celebrating nationwide.
This school year is unlike any that students and teachers have experienced previously. But by working together, we still can connect, share, and grow as a community of educators to ensure every day is a high-quality, engaging, exciting, and interactive digital learning day!