Registration and housing for the TCEA 2016 Convention & Exposition open at 9:00 a.m. Central on Thursday, Sept. 10. This is usually a very busy time as thousands of eager convention attendees try to get signed up and find the perfect hotel room. Here are some tips about the process and what’s new this year to help make your registration simpler and less stressful.
- Attendees can select one of three registration types again this year:
- Premium (attend academies, PC workshops, non-hands-on workshops, and BYOD workshops, along with all the presentations, keynotes, digital playgrounds, and exhibits). Premium registration is just $299 for five days of exemplary professional learning and your choice of seven in-depth academies, 200 hands-on workshops, and 350 sessions.
- Basic (attend all presentations, keynotes, digital playgrounds, and exhibits). Basic registration is just $209 and includes more than 350 sessions over four days.
- Exhibits Only (attend exhibits and the Exhibitor Showcase sessions over three days)
- Premium registrants – You may register for your academies beginning Sept. 10. However, you will not sign up for workshops and BYODs until January 7-14 (we’ll remind you via email). This allows us to ensure that the workshop offerings reflect the newest ed tech trends.
- You must be registered for convention before you can sign up for housing. Once you have completed the registration process, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the housing bureau’s website. If you do not receive the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam filter.
- We do not have rooms this year at the Embassy Suites and the Holiday Inn Ladybird Lake due to major construction at both of these hotels. We have added the JW Marriott, Hotel Van Zandt, and Westin as new hotels. In total, we have 16 different hotels that are offering reduced rates to our attendees.
- The more popular hotels, such as the Hilton and the Hampton Inn, will sell out within a few hours! So take time now to decide on your first, second, and third choices for hotels.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL REGISTRATION
- Make sure you know your TCEA login and password before registration opens. Your login is your email address. If you can’t remember your password, you can chat live with a TCEA staffer, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 800-282-8232 before registration opens.
- If you will be a Premium registrant, look over the academy offerings now and decide which one(s) you want to attend. Remember that the registration system will not allow you to double-book yourself into two academies offered at the same time.
- We hope that registration goes smoothly this year. But if there are problems with any of the myriad of servers involved (our website, the database company, or the Housing Bureau), we will be posting updates on Twitter and Facebook. So follow us there for the latest information.
We know that TCEA 2016 will be another tremendous learning event for all of our attendees and can’t wait to see you there!