No matter what device I’m using, it seems like the battery on it dies when the day is only half over. And then I’m stuck without the web, email, Twitter, or any of the other critical digital pieces of my life. The solution: a portable charger.
With hectic schedules and demanding tasks, having a charging unit handing is quickly becoming a necessity. Your purpose for needing a charger and which device you will be charging will determine which one is best for you. Here are four that we think are good and won’t break the bank.
- At only $13 on Amazon, this RAVPower Portable Charger 5200mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank charger packs a big punch for a low price. It’s relatively fast and lightweight, making it easy to carry around with you.
- Looking for something a little smaller? The TravelCard for smartphones will fit in your wallet. It’s more expensive with a $39 price tag and won’t charge your phone fully. But it will get you through a few more hours.
- If you need a charger with more power, check out the Anker PowerCore 20100 – Ultra High Capacity Power Bank. While a little bulkier in size, it more than makes up for the extra weight with its capacity. Amazon has it listed for $39.99.
- Our favorite charger is the Anker 2nd Gen Astro2 9600mAh 2-Port 3A Portable Charger External Battery Pack. At just $26.99, it hits the sweet spot for price and portability (about half the size of a deck of cards). It can charge the iPad mini one and a half times, the Galaxy S5 two and a half times, the iPhone 6 almost four times, and other smartphones multiple times before needing to be recharged itself. It’s Amazon’s #1 selling charger.
And, if you’re a fan of saving money, there’s currently a 77% discount on one of the best chargers available — the ACESORI POWERPACK 10 10400MAH POWER BANK DEVICE CHARGER. With three different colors and providing a quick recharge, the Acesori PowerPack has two charging ports and lots of features, including the following:
- 2 amp input for fast charging of the powerbank and dual 1amp & 2amp outputs (smart) for “fast-charging” of your devices
- Simply shake the powerbank and the LED indicator will light up showing how much battery is remaining
- Smart Technology: Will not overdraw power from the powerbank to unsafely charge your device; will turn off when your devices is fully charged
- Smart Technology: Monitors the battery’s temperature and voltage to determine the optimum charge current to charge certain devices
- 500+ battery cycles on the certified LG battery
The charger is priced at just $29.99 with free shipping. (It’s normally $99.99.) This would make great Christmas present for other staff members or family as it will recharge any type of smartphone or tablet.
What’s your favorite way to charge your devices on the go?