Are you an online quiz user? Not the social media quiz kind, but the teacher who uses tools like Quizlet, Kahoot!, Quizizz, and others? While quiz questions are often available in various places, they may not be on the platform you want them to be in. How do you get a quiz from Quizlet Flashcards into Kahoot!? Or a quiz from Kahoot! into ClassQuiz? Let’s learn how to convert from one quiz maker to another and how to export and import questions. We’ll walk through the following actions, and you can feel free to jump to any section that will meet your needs.
- Export and Convert from Quizlet
- Import Quizlet to Kahoot!
- Import Kahoot to ClassQuiz
- Import Quizlet/Kahoot! to Quizizz
- Import to Quizalize
- Bonus Tool: The GetMarked Digitaliser
1. Export and Convert from Quizlet
For this demo, I decided to use this Quizlet Photosynthesis Flashcard.
Here are the steps I followed:
- Save and Edit. When viewing a public flashcard, choose SAVE and EDIT from the ellipsis (three dots) as shown.
- Create. You will need to create the flashcard after making any changes you desire.
- Export. Now that you have your own edited copy of the flashcard, click the three dots again and select EXPORT.
- Use default settings. Do not change anything that appears.
- Copy text. Click the copy text button in the window that appears.
You are now ready to use the GetMarked MCQ Converter. Follow these steps:
1. Convert. Paste the copied text copied from the Flashcard into GetMarked MCQ Converter. Click CONVERT. Click COPY. This will put a copy of text in your device’s clipboard. As soon as you click COPY, the EXPORT button appears.
2. Export from MCQ Converter to Text to Quiz Converter. When you click EXPORT, it will take you to another page, the Text to Quiz Converter. At this point, you can paste in the text and choose from a drop-down menu what you want to convert to.
At this point, you can now convert your Quizlet flashcard to any of the following:
- Google Forms
This process is pretty straightforward.
2. Import Quizlet to Kahoot!
Export your questions from Quizlet, then use GetMarked MCQ Converter process above. Here are the steps you would take:
- Convert Quizlet to Kahoot! using GetMarked MCQ Converter and Text to Quiz Converter tools.
- Save the generated XLSx file with questions.
- Go to Kahoot! and create a Kahoot! Then click ADD QUESTION.
- Select IMPORT SPREADSHEET.
You will then be asked what you want to do on this screen:
Choose SELECT FILE, and find the file you exported from the GetMarked Text to Quiz Converter. You will upload that file and Kahoot! will process it. When done, you should see:
Then, you can ADD QUESTIONS and the questions and responses will appear in Kahoot! as shown below:
You can now share the Kahoot! with others. Be sure to copy the website address/URL to the Kahoot!
3. Import Kahoot! to ClassQuiz
A few educators have asked me, “How do I get questions from Quizlet into ClassQuiz?” The process is simple. If you want to use ClassQuiz (open-source and free), then you can import your converted Quizlet quiz that is now in Kahoot! Format into ClassQuiz.
To do that, open up ClassQuiz and go to the IMPORT tab at the top of the screen:
Paste in the Kahoot! link you copied into the appropriate box (left side). Then click Submit. After a few moments, you will see the imported Photosynthesis quiz in ClassQuiz:
4. Import Quizlet/Kahoot! to Quizizz
If you have a quiz you want to import into Quizizz, all you need to do is use the GetMarked tools. Since Quizizz imports from Google Forms, you would follow these steps:
- Export from the original quiz tool (e.g. Quizlet) then use MCQ Converter to get question text.
- Copy that text and paste it into the Text to Quiz Converter.
- Select Google Forms as the output, then click CONVERT.
Once you do that, GetMarked will give you a multi-step process to get the questions into Google Forms. It will involve using Google Scripts, but it is straightforward.
Upon completion, you can open a fresh tab in your browser, and look for the most recent document (check RECENTS). You will see an oddly named Google Form. Click and open it to see it:
At this point, you can go to Quizizz, and select Google Forms:
After you grant appropriate permission, you will get a list of files in your Google Drive that you can open:
Quizizz will work on the import process:
And after a few moments, you now have the quiz in your Quizizz space:
5. Import to Quizalize
Are you a Quizalize user? Then importing is easy. You can import from Quizlet or Google Forms directly. This makes getting content from another quiz provider into Quizalize easy.
Need more? Get the GetMarked Digitaliser.
Back in the day, converting quiz questions was a nightmare. Thanks to GetMarked’s free tools teachers can move back-n-forth between quiz formats. But the GetMarked Digitaliser offers even more comprehensive quiz conversion support.
The price is an annual subscription with an anytime cancellation option. You can see their price chart online, but the Basic pricing at $29 seems affordable. It offers a lot of support for imports from various formats, including:
- Word documents
- Google Forms
- MS Forms
Highlighted above are the formats most common in K16 settings. And the GetMarked Digitaliser can export to all these formats and more. The custom pricing is only useful if you need support for LearnDash, GIFT, or LTI Integration.
I hope you found the information in this article helpful with your quiz-making, exporting, and converting. If there’s something else you’d like to know about online quiz tools, leave us a comment.