I’m so excited to share with you an opportunity to become a Super Volunteer at the 2019 Convention & Exposition in San Antonio. Here’s my personal video invitation to join the ranks of men and women who keep the convention running smoothly every year!
So do you have what it takes to become a TCEA Super Volunteer? Here are a few questions to ask yourself Do you…
- Like supporting other educators as they share, learn, and grow?
- Have the ability to serve two 4.5 hour shifts during the week of February 4-8, 2019?
- Want a free registration to the 2019 Convention as an acknowledgement of your support?
All Right! What Do I Need to Do?
As a Super Volunteer, you will serve as the facilitator for a presentation or workshop room during your 4.5-hour shifts. Facilitators serve as the liaison between TCEA staff and presenters. You will be…
- Scanning attendee badges as they enter the room for CPE credit tracking
- Assisting the presenter with any needs
- Requesting IT/AV support if requested by the presenter
- Clearing out the presentation room at the end of each session
- Returning the CPE credit tracker device.
Best of all, once the session begins, you will have a reserved seat in the back of the room. This means you can continue learning and earning CPE credits for the sessions held in your assigned room!
As a Super Volunteer, you must be super reliable. To make this program work, we need you to check into the Volunteer Booth onsite at least two hours prior to your scheduled shift. If your shift begins early in the morning, you will be expected to check in the day before. You will also need to attend a 15-minute training session to get all the info you need to perform your duties. We will also need you to volunteer through the entire duration of your assignment. But don’t worry; there will be opportunities for two 10-minute breaks during each 4.5-hour shift. All in all, what we need is for our Super Volunteers to help provide all presenters and attendees the exceptional experience they have come to expect from the TCEA Convention.
I’m in! Where Do I Sign Up?
Glad to have you on board! Here’s all you need to do:
- Register for the 2019 TCEA Convention.
- Log in to the Attendee Service Center.
- Choose your volunteer assignments.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me, Senior Director of Membership Chance McKee, at [email protected]. Whether you’re able to volunteer or not, you’re all super to me. See you in San Antonio!